Friday, January 28, 2011

My Morning - A Photo Essay Courtesy of Allie Brosh

**Disclaimer:  All of the drawings seen below are drawn by and Copyright Allie Brosh.  Please view her hillarious blog at http://www.hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com.**

I was woken up at 4:45 a.m. with painful, hurty contractions.  BTW, if you've never had a contraction before, imagine that you ate 32 fake meat tacos from Taco Bell and are racing for the toilet with the worst stomach cramps ever.  That was my wake up this morning, the stomach cramping part--not the racing for the toilet part.

Anyway.  Immediately after I realized that I wasn't going to die, I simultaneously began watching the clock and freaking out about all of the things that I still had to do.  This exact phrase kept running through my brain:


Which is why I am using the following drawings to illustrate my day.

Some of my thoughts were crazy (ie-clean the tile in the shower with a toothbrush.  Ya know, in case Emmett decides he wants to hop in there after he gets home from the hospital) and the others were things like finish the laundry and  put gas in my car. 

The painful, hurty contractions eventually stopped, but the anxiety remained. When I was trying to explain my feelings to Ryan he stared at me like I was crazy.   I felt like Brick from "The Middle", who puts his chin to his chest and repeats things he just said in ominous voices.  "Must Clean All of the Things!!!"

Ryan told me to take it easy today and relax, but the look in his eyes told me that he knew I was going to do what I felt I had to do.  He knows me so well. 

I got some coffee (YES!  The Horror!  Pregnant woman has coffee!) and spent 45 minutes getting my coupons organized because today I'm also an anal nutjob.  I then went to Target and Publix (where said coupons came in handy.  At Target I saved $67 and at Publix I spent $20 and saved $17):


I am currently doing laundry, while baking cupcakes for an order.  Other various projects that I began before grocery shopping are half completed around my house.  There are messes everywhere, from things I destroyed while looking for other things I needed.  I am overwhelmed and have hit a wall.  And I'm still having contractions, though not painful, hurty ones, and not even close to being timeable (despite drinking the water and resting every 15 minutes).  Maybe this kid will arrive before he turns 15. 

This is now how I feel:


How is your Friday going?

2 comments:

  1. lol this is great and i read the other blog.. the one you got all the pictures from :) it was funny too..
    Diana :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. So much. It really justifies me using my lady parts for frivolous things, like boning.

    ReplyDelete

People that are interested in all the gory details of pregnancy and motherhood